Facebook made some changes to the type of information it shows and to which it gives access to tools such as VoxFeed.
The latest wave of restrictions include stop providing information on personal profiles (like number of followers and access to post performance metrics) and only giving access to it from Facebook Pages.
To change from a personal profile to a Facebook page is simple, has no cost, and will allow you to have more control over your content and better access to your metrics.
There are two options for change:
1 - Create a page based on your personal profile (Recommended)
When you convert your profile to a Page:
- You'll have both a profile and a Page after conversion.
- It transfers your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page's name.
- You can select from your friends, followers and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page's followers, so you don't have to start from scratch
- IMPORTANT: the content is copied but not your performance metrics, so you have to generate content on your page to get engagement with your followers and be able to participate.
To convert your profile to a Facebook Page:
- Go to Create a Facebook Page Based on Your Profile.
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your new Page will automatically publish once the conversion process is finished.
2- Create a new Facebook page
Con esta opción puedes crear una página de Facebook desde cero, ten en cuenta que al empezar de 0 si no tienes un número suficiente de seguidores y de interacciones te va a tomar tiempo para que la plataforma te permita participar.
To create a Page:
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Click to choose a Page type.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click Create Page.